Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What a long strange trip it's been

I guess I've been putting off this last post.

There is so much finality in it. There's this pressure to write something profound, to sing a summation of growth and lessons learned...

All I really want to say is that I miss Minnie and I miss Muja and I miss my friends, so often like my family, that still reside on that one-horse rock.

I miss my mornings on the front porch with my journal and my coffee. I miss the way it looks at sunset. I miss the randomness of life there. I miss knowing that I had time before I had to worry about the next step.

But more than anything: I am grateful.

So, so, so, extremely grateful.

And here's the good thing-I carry what I miss, and what I will sure to miss as more distance is placed, with me forever. I know it sounds cliche, as I know it sounds cliche to say 'it sounds cliche', as I know it sounds cliche...okay enough. Truth is: I carry Yap in my heart. Another truth: I don't really care how that sounds.

I carry Yap in my heart.

I have learned that there is beauty in the breakdown (as so eloquently sung by Frou Frou) and that there is always, always, always another adventure waiting. We just have to be willing to take the call.

Should my indefinite future lead me no further than this childhood bedroom of mine, I will remember that the adventure is always there. Even if it becomes reduced to hiding underneath my parents' bed so that I can grab their ankles when they walk by my waiting-to-grasp hands.

And so dear blogette, and the 12 people who are brave enough to declare themselves followers of your nonsense-this is it.

Tenacious here, signing off.


You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by. Yes, but some of them are only golden because we let them slip by.
Sir James Matthew Barrie

3 comments:

Video Zeum said...

Hello! You have an interesting website. It is nice to visit here.

Sakin said...

Nice country. I like what you say about people of this part of the world.

Flores Morales said...

I need help to win the Mega Millions. Contact Dr Amber for his ultimate winning numbers to make you a lottery winner with his spells. I made huge success winning the total sum of $109 Million Dollars with the help of his spell. I am grateful to Dr Amber for helping me out. For Indeed, he deserves the hype he gets from people. Hit him up today... amberlottotemple@yahoo.com or visit: amberlottotemple.com